The 2020 Institute Has Been Postponed

The SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program has been closely monitoring the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on all aspects of our lives and we have come to the difficult decision to POSTPONE the 2020 Institute on Teaching and Mentoring, which was previously scheduled for October 29-November 1 in Tampa, Florida.

The decision to postpone the Institute in October 2020 was not taken lightly. Key to this decision were the uncertainties that still exist concerning disease spread, fall travel limitations and restrictions, and fall class schedules, whether online or on-campus. The number and range of unknowns was daunting. We consulted with state and institution leaders, and surveyed scholars, potential presenters and former recruiters. Taken together, these inputs made the decision to postpone seem prudent, as our top priority is the safety, health and well-being of our scholars, guests, and other attendees.

We are committed to exploring other options to deliver the Institute experience, which may include a virtual component. As more information becomes available regarding the impact of the coronavirus, we will update you on our plans. The SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program remains resolute that the health and well-being of all attendees will be at the forefront of our decisions for the next Institute. We thank all our supporters for their continued patience and understanding as we seek a safe and workable solution.

For questions regarding the Institute, please contact us at

To receive updates on the SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program please subscribe to the Doctoral Chat Newsletter >.

No Comments

Add a Comment